Not LOVE




She asked me what love is and I couldn't give an answer then. Love is the only word on which each person can give an interpretation of his own; there is no right or wrong about it because no one really knows what love is and what it means. Some hate it, some embrace it, some so blinded by it that they give their life for it.  The word always leaves someone hurt, sometimes your family, sometimes your friends and sometimes yourself or the other, pity it’s so because I thought this words was meant to keep everyone happy. So I asked myself ‘what is love?’ I struggled to find an answer to it for a while but the more I thought into it the more it became clear to me. I am trying to answer a fantasy with reality, the fantasy is love and the reality is her.


I don’t know what love is, I don’t know how it should be felt. Love is just a mere word to me, a word that people use to deceive, trick and use others for their own happiness. I may have no knowledge about love but I do know what she is to me and how I feel for her. I don’t want a corrupted word like love to describe it because to me she is my freedom, something I value more than my life. Even if I am shackled to ground, speechless, deafened and blinded, a thought of her presence sets me free, breaks the shackles, makes me speak louder than I ever could, hear beyond I could ever hear and see everything more brightly and beautifully.  When I am with her my mind is clear and limitless as the space itself, I fly beyond all boundaries that I thought I couldn't cross before. I feel proud in caring for her and protecting her, I like doing things that she asks me to, however silly or hard it is, I feel happy seeing her smiling and sad when she looks so. So let me say it again “I don’t know what love is and don’t want to know, but I do know what she is to me”. As the time runs I will die eventually but my words will remain forever telling the world that there is something beyond mere love that is very much real and most beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment